Kindergarten Years Program
Transitioning to ‘big school’ is an important time in your child’s life - and yours. We at Mata Bhatee Devi focus on making this transition as smooth as possible, and giving your child important skills to help them enter school with confidence. We also aim to inspire a lifelong love of learning in your child.
At this time of your child’s life, he or she is busy exploring new friendships, learning to make decisions, and becoming more aware of his or her own unique talents and abilities. For this reason, their kindergarten - preschool experience will lay an important foundation for their future. Providing a stimulating and nurturing environment is vitally important.
Along with reading, writing, and counting, programs that encourage kindergarten readiness also focus on social development. As the children enter their initial years of regular schooling we prepare the children to interact with peer group, control themselves, and cooperate with their peers. Skills like these are inculcated when the children take their first step into Mata Bhatee Devi School’s kindergarten. Our programs provide children with opportunities to play and learn with other kids outside of a school environment and move forward as confident individuals.
Kindergarten is a year of highly visible progress in reading and language arts. The major milestones in kindergarten reading and language arts are:
- Developing an awareness of letters
- Recognizing that letters have specific sounds
- Awareness of the relationship of “letters to words” and “words to sentences”
- Developing a basic vocabulary set by listening to and identifying unknown words in stories
- Recognizing basic sight words in text
Kindergarten is also a year of exploration and discovery of numbers. Major milestones for kindergarten Mathematics include:
- Developing a strong number sense
- Identifying numbers up to twenty
- Expressing different ways to represent numbers up to twenty
- Ability to sort and organize objects based on different attributes
- Recognizing basic shapes and units for measurement, time, and weight